The Validation Analyst will work alongside the validation and operations leads to identify, research, validate and advance both our corporate projects as well as our internal studio portfolio.
The role will be a combination of business development and research roles for multiple projects with responsibilities that include: reaching out to customers in specific market segments, building and maintaining relationships with those customers, marketing activities, and preparing comprehensive market research.
If you like to learn and consider yourself a Swiss Army Knife or what we call a hustler this is a role for you.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Prepare comprehensive market research and feature set analysis for studio concepts
- Participate in ongoing customer validation that includes reaching out to potential customers
- Research markets and new business opportunities
- Organize a process around problem structuring, analysis, and synthesis
- Execute a detailed work plan for projects
- Seek out and build relationships with potential co-founders
- Create content for marketing campaigns
- Prepare financial models and projections
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and deliver key insights and opportunities
- Seek out and build networks of potential co-founders
- Some financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and decide pragmatically
- Ability to quickly manage and adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Working knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, Slack, Jira, Github, and other project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree (or pursuing a degree) in business, finance, marketing or engineering or relative experience
- Experience preparing research reports
- Has spent time at a startup or with venture capital
- Content or email marketing experience
- Experience building marketplace, consumer and/or industry technology with an understanding of customer-centric product development