We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer to join our product team in building new startups with clean, elegant customer experiences from the ground up.
The UX designer will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user interviews and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. They will work closely with the engineering team to design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Conduct brand and competitive market research
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and pains
- Translate research into user journeys that inform design decisions
- Create conceptual mockups that provide a clear and unique visual direction
- Design wireframes and prototypes based on market validation feedback
- Develop user experiences with sitemaps, information architecture, content requirements, and navigation
- Provide guidance for compelling brand story
- Regularly present design decisions and conceptual direction with internal team
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience in either visual, UX, UI design
- Experience with user experience design for software and mobile solutions
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must
- Ability to dive into the project scope and requirements
- Ability to design creatively while remaining somewhat consistent with the given market
- Ability to adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in design, business, or engineering or relative experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Products, GSuite, Slack, and other project management tools
- Experience in the financial services industry
- An understanding of customer-centric product development