We are seeking a product manager that will help us build digital products for our corporate partners and our internal studio concepts. As PM, you will own product development from ideation through launch.
This product manager will need to have experience leading the development of market-ready applications. The PM will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing feature sets, and working closely with engineering and design teams to ensure goals are met. You will need to be extremely detail-oriented and results-driven.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Define the long-term vision, strategy, and quality standard for new venture studio companies alongside the Project Leads
- Develop product roadmaps to direct feature releases with weekly, monthly, and quarterly key performance indicators
- Communicate the strategy to the stakeholders of each project to minimize roadblocks
- Perform routine progress assessments to determine milestones
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop plans for potential issues involving the budget, business model, and product
- Develop an initial go-to-market plan that supports growth objectives such as market share, revenue, users, and margin
- Manage product launches with pre- and post-launch marketing activities.
- Develop individual go-to-market strategies for new regions. This includes the planning of events and marketing initiatives that coincide with market needs.
- Ensure relationships with customers are maintained to understand their needs and wants.
- Regularly communicate new opportunities to stakeholders based on the data gained from talking to customers
- Continuously evaluate our market position and competition to ensure that we are solving the most important issues for our customers
- 3+ years of product development experience
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire stakeholders and collaborate with teams
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and decide pragmatically
- Ability to quickly manage and adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, design or relative work experience
- Working knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, Slack, Jira, Github, and other project management tools
- Technical background with proficiencies in SQL, JQL, Postgres databases, and Ruby on Rails
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic with a “do-what-it takes” attitude to continuously execute in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience building marketplace, consumer and/or industry technology with an understanding of customer-centric product development