Full-Stack Software Engineer
We are seeking a full-stack software engineer that will help us build digital products for our corporate partners and our internal studio concepts.
As a full-stack software engineer, you will need to have experience developing production-ready, end-to-end applications that leverage best-in-class technology.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Greenfield application development; including developing a reusable set of tools for use in many H2L projects.
- Build responsive, testable web-based frontend clients (React or equivalent) and/or native/hybrid mobile clients (eg. React Native).
- Design and develop secure, scalable web services (NodeJS, Rails, or equivalent)
- Model and build efficient, flexible data storage solutions.
- Integrate with internal and 3rd-party APIs/services.
- Write unit/functional tests using industry-standard test frameworks
- Use tools/frameworks to monitor app performance (eg. analytics, crash reporting, etc)
- Follow our development process; including gitflow
- Work closely with the product team to scope work and convey the technical impacts of features/changes
- Minimum 3 years of professional development experience
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire stakeholders and collaborate with teams
- Competency using a source code management system (Git)
- Lean and agile methods to ship software successfully
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and decide pragmatically
- Ability to quickly manage and adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Working knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, Slack, Jira, Github, and other project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in design, business, or engineering or relative experience
- Some startup experience
- Experience developing native mobile iOS/Android applications
- Experience designing and building React Native mobile apps
- Competency in additional programming languages, such as Java, Ruby or equivalent
- Experience building marketplace, consumer and/or industry technology with an understanding of customer-centric product development