CEO / Entrepreneur In Residence
We strive to launch one (1) new business every quarter and are looking for a future CEO or Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR) to help build and run our next batch of portfolio companies.
The CEO/EIR will work closely with the H2L founders, corporate partners, and internal product teams to launch and scale new businesses from the ground up. If you’re a previous startup founder, have worked in leadership at a startup, and enjoy building exceptional products that solve real (big) problems this role is for you.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Work with the validation team using the H2L process for building new companies
- Lead market analysis and synthesis for new concepts
- Develop and refine H2L ideation process
- Execute a detailed work plan for studio and startup development
- Lead internal and external meetings including pitching to leadership teams and partnering VCs
- Leverage internal product team to drive new startup development
- Prior startup founder or experience working at an early stage company
- Demonstrated experience building products and leading teams
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire stakeholders and collaborate with teams
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and decide pragmatically
- Ability to quickly manage and adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Working knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, Slack, Jira, Github, and other project management tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of early-stage startup development and funding of technology companies
- Experience building marketplace, consumer and/or industry technology with an understanding of customer-centric product development