Horizon Two Labs is looking for a designer who will develop a financial services brand from the ground-up. This person would ideally be a digital design expert with experience producing brand guides that include typography, color, imagery, voice, and logos that are consistent across the board. The brand designer will work closely with the product team at Horizon Two Labs to construct a brand story that ties closely to the mission and vision of the newly formed financial services company.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Conduct brand and competitive market research
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and pains
- Translate research into user journeys that inform design decisions
- Create conceptual mockups that provide a clear and unique visual direction
- Design wireframes and prototypes based on market validation feedback
- Develop user experiences with sitemaps, information architecture, content requirements, and navigation
- Provide guidance for compelling brand stories
- Build a holistic brand guide with a logo, color palette, typography, imagery, and voice
- Regularly present design decisions and conceptual direction with internal team
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience in either visual, UX, UI design
- Experience with logo design
- Experience with brand strategy
- Experience with user experience design for software
- Ability to dive into the project scope and requirements
- Ability to design creatively while remaining somewhat consistent with the given market
- Ability to adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in design, business, or engineering or relative experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Products, GSuite, Slack, and other project management tools
- Experience in the financial services industry
- An understanding of customer-centric product development
- Expertise in typography