Junior Software Developer
We are seeking a junior software developer that will help us build startups for our corporate partners and our internal studio concepts.
Columbus, Ohio or Remote
Contract to Full-Time
Horizon Two Labs (H2L) is a venture studio that (co-)conceives, develops and operates startups. We partner with founders and large enterprises to form joint ventures that leverage the expertise, resources, and intellectual property of our partners with the design & technical chops and go-to-market execution and entrepreneurism of the studio.
The H2L studio creates startups across a wide variety of industries but we also continually test our own internal ideas through our four (4) step process of validating, design, build/test and scale. Through our internally funded ideas, our goal is to create one (1) new validated startup per quarter that takes an idea from zero (0) to a midwest Pre-A funding round.
Our core studio team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and creatives who like to build cool shit to solve real (big) problems. The opportunities are endless and we strive to not only scale startups, but also our own aspirations.
Currently, H2L builds fintech startups and online marketplaces.
- Greenfield application development and maintain existing products
- Build responsive, testable web apps using React framework, or equivalent
- Integrate with internal and 3rd-party APIs/services
- Write unit/functional tests using industry-standard test frameworks (eg. Jest)
- Use tools/frameworks to monitor app performance (eg. analytics, crash reporting, etc)
- Work closely with other developers
- Learn and follow the software development process, including gitflow
- Learn new technologies/languages, as needed
- Minimum 1 year of experience with a popular programming language
- Understanding of the basics of best software development practices
- Competency using a source code management system (Git)
- Lean and agile methods to ship software successfully
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and decide pragmatically
- Ability to quickly manage and adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Highly analytical with excellence at leveraging customer research to drive product decisions
- Working knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, Slack, Jira, Github, and other project management tools
- Either completed or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or relative experience